Now updated: Ramadan calendar -

i just converted to muslim and i want to change my surname from patel to shaikh. what is the procedure to do the same?

asked 10 namanpatel's gravatar image

To change your name is easy.You need to just go to a solicitor, ask to change your name, It will be done via a document called a deed poll. You will sign it with the solicitor as a witness, and this document will allow you to change any other documents you have, like driving license, passport. It is advisable to have all documents in the same name. Saves questions and confusion for the authorities. There will be a fee for this service. Try to find a muslim solicitor. I wish you well in your reversion to Islam, and may Allah bless you greatly.

answered 3487 abyadgirl's gravatar image

You can do that through the courts.

answered 103 puppas's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported


Asked: Oct 20 '13 at 00:01

Seen: 433 times

Last updated: Oct 20 '13 at 05:20

Related questions

©1998-2013 Publications and Research.       All Rights Reserved.