1) I really have an urge to revert to Islam. I was always a Muslim, however, I dont think I have ever performed the Shahada or prayed. I've just turned 16, and want to start praying an officially become involved with Islam? Is this still possible?
2) I am really confused about the prayers. I understand that there are 5 in total per day, however, are they all the same? Do you have to say the same verses with the same positions?, and if so, why do they all have different names? I'm really confused with the types of prayers that exist in general (like the Salat?) and how do I learn these?
3) I will also start visiting a mosque, however, I dont know what to say there because I recently moved to this location. Do I ask for help when I pray? Do I walk in and ask if I can become a Muslim? As I walk in, what shall I say to them?
4) I would also like to study philosophy at college, and hopefully take up Islamic/Oriental studies at a renowned university, to hopefully become an Imam and serve Allah if possible. Do you think that this is possible, because I can not speak any Arabic at all, and will start studying from a Qur'an which has been translated into English.
5) Last Question: I really want to attend a mosque, however, it is 2.5 miles away, and will intervene with my studies when I start college, can I pray at home? Go on the weekends? Go after school? When is it possible to go in general, and does it matter?
Thank you very much. Taylor.