I have been engaged for 3 years now. It has been a very difficult journey. We are human, and we are committing sins by being in this relationship, i am losing my imaan, i even went to umrah with this guy with my family, we NEED a nikkah done as soon as possible but his parents want us to get married when he gets accepted into med school which is in a year or two, but i hostly can not take it any longer, what if i die tomorrow or tonight knowing i was unmarried and committing sin with my fiancé who is a non mehram, it is not fair to us that we are put into this relationship for 3 years and expected to wait any longer to have a nikah, We decided to talk to the parents about nikah this summer but what if they disagree, do we go on with life waiting until one day we comitt a huge sin! or even die , only ALLAH knows when our time will come but i need to be prepared!
Please tell me what you think i should do if his parents say no to nikkah and prolong it even after being engaged for 3 years!